Bariatric surgery is effective for many patients, especially when patients follow the after-surgery plan. However, for some patients, the weight loss procedure may not provide the expected results.
In these cases, Dr. Burpee or Dr. Chiasson may be able to help you by performing a bariatric revision. They are experienced in caring for patients with a failed procedure and may be able to provide a revision to a type of bariatric procedure which may not have been available when the patient had the first surgery.
Every patient is different and Dr. Burpee or Dr. Chiasson will work with you to determine the causes for weight gain after bariatric surgery, if a revision is necessary, and if so, what type of revision surgery is appropriate for you.
Revision procedures that may be performed include:
- Gastric band to vertical sleeve gastrectomy (Dr. Burpee / Dr. Chiasson)
- Gastric band to gastric bypass (Dr. Burpee / Dr. Chiasson)
- Gastric band to duodenal switch (Dr. Chiasson)
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy to duodenal switch (Dr. Chiasson)
- Proximal gastric bypass to distal gastric bypass (Dr. Chiasson)
If necessary, the following treatment for bariatric patients with severe GERD is also available:
- Magnetic augmentation of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) (Dr. Burpee / Dr. Chiasson)
To make an appointment, call our office at (520) 219-8690.