Dr. Patrick Chiasson migrated to Tucson from Canada. He received his medical education at McGill University, a master’s from the Institute for History of Medicine at Johns Hopkins University, and his general surgical training at Dalhousie University. He completed his sub-specialty training in advanced laparoscopic surgery at the University of Toronto’s Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery.
He has numerous publications to his credit that address such issues as minimally invasive surgery techniques and outcomes, health policy, medical ethics and health law.
His bariatric surgery practice encompasses primary and revision weight loss surgery procedures. These include:
Primary Surgical Weight Loss Procedures:
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass (proximal and distal)
- Duodenal switch
- Intragastric balloon
Revision Surgical Weight Loss Procedures:
- Gastric band to vertical sleeve gastrectomy
- Gastric band to gastric bypass
- Gastric band to duodenal switch
- Gastric bypass to distal gastric bypass
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy to duodenal switch
In addition, he offers these treatments for severe GERD following vertical sleeve gastrectomy:
- Magnetic augmentation of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES)
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy to gastric bypass
Dr. Chiasson is an member of the medical staff at Northwest Medical Center.
Northwest Allied Bariatric and Foregut Surgery
6130 N. La Cholla Blvd | Suite 250
Tucson, AZ 85741